This is a three-in-one tool: Altera USB blaster compatible programmer, Saleae compatible Logic analyzer, USbee compatible Logic analyzer.
The default setting is Saleae Logic analyzer.
In the following we are going to explain the jumper settings. Please change the jumpers in power off, and set jumper correctly, otherwise, the deive may be destroyed.
USB Blaster Compatible Mode:
The UltraBlaster download cable allows to program and configure Altera devices.
Specifically, it allows do the following:
- Download configuration data to FPGA devices:
- Stratix II, Stratix GX, and Stratix family of devices
- Cyclone II and Cyclone family of devices
- APEX II and APEX 20K family of devices
- ACEX 1K devices
- Mercury devices
- FLEX 10K, FLEX 10KE, FLEX 10KA, FLEX 8000 and FLEX 6000 family of devices
- Excalibur devices
- Download configuration data to User Flash Memory (UFM) devices:
- MAX II family of devices
- Download configuration data to EEPROM-based devices:
- MAX 9000, MAX 7000S, MAX 3000A, MAX 7000B and MAX 7000A
- Perform in-system programming of advanced configuration devices:
- EPC2, EPC4, EPC8, EPC16, and EPC1441 devices
- Perform in-system programming of serial configuration devices:
- EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16, and EPCS64 devices
- Communicate with and perform in-system debugging:
- Nios II soft core processor
The UltraBlaster download cable supports target systems using 5.0 V TTL, 3.3 V LVTTL/LVCMOS, and single-ended I/O standards from 1.2 V to 3.3 V.
The UltraBlaster is powered directly from the host USB port and the target system without the need for additional external power supply.
Because the UltraBlaster is a 100%-compatible drop-in replacement for Altera USBBlaster programming cable, any of the following software packages supporting USBBlaster also recognize UltraBlaster:
- Quartus II software version 4.0 or later (for development, device programming, and configuration)
- Quartus II Programmer (standalone version for programming and configuration)
- Quartus II SignalTap II Logic Analyzer (standalone version for logic analysis)
NOTE: There is no need to install any drivers other than those provided with the software packages for the USB-Blaster.
Seleae Logical Analyzer Compatible Mode:
.net 3.5 download:
USBee Logical Analyzer Compatible Mode:
USBEE download: USBee AX: http://www.usbee.com/download.htm