- HMC5883L compass is a digital sensor that can be used on robot navigation.
- This sensor module can be interfaced to the MCU controller through the UART interface. It can output the digital number from 0 to 360 to represent the degree.
- The LED will turn on to show the angle between the sensor and the earth magnetic field.
- Measurement chip: HMC588SL
- Voltage: 5V
- Current: 20mA
- Resolution: 1 degree
- Diameter: 5 cm
- RX: UART in (TTL)
- TX: UART out (TTL)
- +: VCC DC 4V to 6V input
- -: GND
- Init: Detect the current earth magnetic field
- User: self defined 0 degree, used to detect the angle
- LEDs: Used to show the direction of the current eath magnetic shield or rotation angle.
This module will detect the magnetic shield and display the direction by turning on the Led, and outout the data through the rx/tx. User can read the data using arduino.