The UltraBlaster download cable allows to program and configure Altera devices.
Specifically, it allows do the following:
- Download configuration data to FPGA devices:
- Stratix II, Stratix GX, and Stratix family of devices
- Cyclone II and Cyclone family of devices
- APEX II and APEX 20K family of devices
- ACEX 1K devices
- Mercury devices
- FLEX 10K, FLEX 10KE, FLEX 10KA, FLEX 8000 and FLEX 6000 family of devices
- Excalibur devices
- Download configuration data to User Flash Memory (UFM) devices:
- Download configuration data to EEPROM-based devices:
- MAX 9000, MAX 7000S, MAX 3000A, MAX 7000B and MAX 7000A
- Perform in-system programming of advanced configuration devices:
- EPC2, EPC4, EPC8, EPC16, and EPC1441 devices
- Perform in-system programming of serial configuration devices:
- EPCS1, EPCS4, EPCS16, and EPCS64 devices
- Communicate with and perform in-system debugging:
- Nios II soft core processor
The UltraBlaster download cable supports target systems using 5.0 V TTL, 3.3 V LVTTL/LVCMOS, and single-ended I/O standards from 1.2 V to 3.3 V.
The UltraBlaster is powered directly from the host USB port and the target system without the need for additional external power supply.
Because the UltraBlaster is a 100%-compatible drop-in replacement for Altera USBBlaster programming cable, any of the following software packages supporting USBBlaster also recognize UltraBlaster:
- Quartus II software version 4.0 or later (for development, device programming, and configuration)
- Quartus II Programmer (standalone version for programming and configuration)
- Quartus II SignalTap II Logic Analyzer (standalone version for logic analysis)
NOTE: There is no need to install any drivers other than those provided with the software packages for the USB-Blaster.