FlyPort is OpenPicus Wi-Fi compact module (only 35*48mm) based on Microchip PIC 24FJ256GA106 processor (256K Flash,16K Ram,16 Mips) and MRF24WB0MA/RM WI-FI Certified Transceiver.
The following signals are available on the 26 ways 2.54mm pitch male pinheader connector:
- Power Supply (5V or 3,3V, integrated LDO)
- #5 Digital Inputs 5V Tolerant - For ex. D1_in
- #5 Digital Outputs (4 can be used as PWM, 3,3V level) - For ex. D5_out
- #4 Analog Inputs (10bits ADC, VRef=2,048V 1bit=2mV) - For ex. A3_in
- #1 UART
- #1 SPI
- #1 I2C
- #1 Reset (Active Low)
On Flyport module there are 3 Leds (1 is green and 2 are red):
- D3 is Green - PWR : On when the module is powered
- D1 is Red - OUT5 : is connected to D5_out digital output signal of the module
- D2 is Red - OUT4 : is connected to D4_out digital output signal of the module
Flyport has a second 32,768KHz quartz for internal RTC.
Programming is very easy using OpenPicus IDE and the Framework. You don't no need specific experience with protocol stacks: the framework lets you control everything with a set of simplified commands.
Webserver, email, Socket applications are supported from FlyPort. You have the full control of applications (For Ex. a Temperature sensor network) and of the Wireless LAN Stack (TCP/IP stack 5.25 from Microchip).
In Webserver mode you can also run Ajax script as powerful as advanced graphics and data analisys. Simply connect to the module using your favourite web browser and the FlyPort will answer as a simple, customized webpage.
Internet of Things is now really possible due to the low cost of the FlyPort module and the Power Down Mode management.
Use an existing NEST (for example our General purpose starter kit with USB converter and connectors) to prototype your idea, then you can design a tailored Nest and you can sell directly or by our partners.
Let your ideas fly to the Internet with FlyPort!